About Halbert Law Firm
Chuck has practiced law since being licensed in 1992. He has based his practice in Phillips County since the beginning, but helps clients across the state.
The firm opened in its present location at 2430 Highway 49, West Helena in 2005.
Chuck provides representation in all areas of the law, concentrating the majority of his time in personal injury, civil litigation and domestic relations work.
Meet Chuck Halbert
Experienced Attorney in West Helena, AR
Chuck began practicing law by entering the employment of Mike Etoch, Jr., a well- respected attorney in Helena, Arkansas, in 1992. There he immediately began handling all types of legal matters from charges against the citizen accused, to divorce, to real estate.
Later that same year, he began a contract with Phillips County to become one of its Public Defenders, defending clients on charges ranging from misdemeanors to Capital Murder. Chuck’s office has handled criminal matters of every kind and nature, trying or settling hundreds of misdemeanor, traffic, DUI/DWI, and felony matters.
Chuck has had extensive experience in the areas of paternity, child support, child custody and child visitation.
Chuck worked as the attorney for the Phillips County Child Support Enforcement Unit for five (5) years. He left the employment of the Child Support Unit when it asked him to take the job full-time. Chuck currently handles between 15 and 50 custody/visitation disputes each year, most within the First Judicial District.
Chuck has successfully litigated, settled or tried hundreds of cases involving injuries to his clients. These cases range from medical negligence/malpractice to car wrecks to nursing home neglect to products liability to premises liability.
Chuck is knowledgeable and up-to-date on laws regarding Med-Pay, insurance and subrogation. Your case is as important to him as it is to you.
He realizes that your life has been turned upside down by your injury, loss of work, lost wages and loss of enjoyment of life in general.
He does all he can to make that right for you.
Represented clients in numerous products liability cases with settlements exceeding 1 million dollars each.
Represented clients in thousands of injury cases, with defendant's verdicts in only 2 in 20 plus years.
Represented clients in hundreds of divorces with property divisions from thousands to millions of dollars in assets.
Selected as Eastern Arkansas Volunteer Lawyer of the Year on more than one occasion for service to indigent clients on a pro bono basis for:
- Real Estate
- Contract disputes
- Collection defense
- Obtained settlements for violations of clients' civil rights from both Local and State governments
- Former Public Defender trying cases from drug possession to Capital Murder
- Former Attorney for Child Support Enforcement
- Former President Phillips County Bar Association 1994 to 2002
- Member National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Founding Member of Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Association of Trial Lawyers
- B.A. in Political Science - University of Arkansas 1989
- J.D. - University of Arkansas School of Law 1991
Chuck was reassuring and positive throughout the whole experience. His hard work and tenacity secured a great settlement and he has begun the necessary steps to protect and seal my son's records. A positive experience at a very trying time in our life; thank you for all of your hard work.
Kelly S., Texas
Halbert Law Office provides you with trusted and superior legal services, whether you're in Helena - West Helena, Brinkley, Forrest City, Wynne, Marianna, Clarendon, Marvell, or anywhere else in Phillips County, Lee County, Cross County, St. Francis County, Monroe County, Arkansas County, or Crittenden County.
In short, we're here for you in all of Eastern Arkansas and the Delta.
What it's like working with us
We're a small firm, so you have our individual attention. Because we want to meet your legal needs in the best possible manner.
- Start with scheduling a free consultation
- When we meet, we’ll discuss your legal needs and gather initial information.
- If we agree to work together, we’ll start your case.
- We’ll collect all the needed information and regularly communicate with you about the status of your case.
- The case will be resolved.
No matter how short or long that process is, we’re there for you.
Because this is all about setting things right and getting peace of mind.